Saturday, 23 June 2012

golden glaze

this is a super easy, super delicious baste/glaze/sauce you can whizz up at home and use to tart up any number of otherwise-dull dinner options. i personally prefer it on the bird, as it's quite sweet and works well with the flavours of chicken. the quantities below should yield enough glaze for a small chicken.

things you will need:

1/4 of a cup of olive oil
1/2 a cup of golden syrup
juice of half a lemon
pinch of sea salt
2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
1/2 red chilli, de-seeded
2-3 teaspoons of cumin

what you will need to do:

place all the aforementioned ingredients into a small food processor and blast for about 30 seconds. taste to ensure the flavours are balanced; if it's a bit olive oily, add in a little extra squeeze of lemon juice. otherwise, it's ready to go.

use this glaze to jazz up chicken maryland pieces or when roasting pumpkin.

note: the golden syrup will caramelise pretty quickly in a hot oven, so be sure to keep checking on your roasting bird/plant to ensure it doesn't burn!

3 comments:

  1. another very clever idea I will use! love the idea of coating a pumpkin with that glaze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Alena

    Low Platelets Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comment alena! glad you're enjoying my little ramblings and hope to see you here again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete